Sunday, August 9, 2009

Worlds Greatest Bridal Shower


Saturday, August 8th Lindsey and her Mother, Roxanne surprised me with the best bridal shower ever! It was hosted at D'vine wine bar in Ocotillo. Dave, our Sommelier and host, took my family and friends through the history of wine. As we learned about the different flavors and types of wine we drank, drank, and drank some more. I think Grandma didn't quite understand the concept of tasting, she thought it was more of a gulping class!

When our lesson in wine history finished the shower began. We played "how well do you know the bride?" Nicole beat out Mom and McKenna with a few lucky guesses. Lindsey had all the ladies fill out "advice for the bride" cards before the shower began. I then had to guess who said what. I did pretty well but some of the advice was unexpected yet absolutely hilarious! We were definitely the loudest ones in the place. After opening gifts we had cake and continued to "taste" some more. I'm not sure where the bottles kept appearing from but I certainly wasn't complaining? It was great!

Sarah did a great job putting together my practice bouquet for the wedding rehearsal. My only question is how to pack it for Maui??


It was an amazing night! I had so much fun and am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family. Thank you again to Lindsey and Roxanne for making my bridal shower unforgettable!

2 comments:

  1. Janice & I so wanted to be there...but my A/C went out at home! Finally fixed by 7:30 but I knew it was to late! Glad you had a GREAT time!

    Love ya!

    Aunt JoAn

    ReplyDelete