Friday, October 15, 2010

Our Maui Vacation

Our first day in Maui, Hawaii! Life is good!

We took our week vacation this year in our favorite location, Maui! The best thing about our trip...No Agenda! No wedding, no preview for possible sites, no marriage license, no obligations what so ever! It was wonderful! We had an amazing time and probably our best vacation ever!

Justin and I ate at our favorite restaurant called the Lahiana Grill. This is where we had our rehearsal dinner last year.


Yum-O Ahi Tuna! Please, sir may I have some more? I ate so much fish this week I didn't have to take my fish oil pills! Love the Lahaina Grill!



We've stayed at the Hyatt in Kannapali 3 times and this hammock is one of the top 5 reasons why! How cool is it to be able to lay in a hammock with your husband on the beach between 2 palm trees? That's like something straight out of a movie!



If there's a brewery on the Island I will find it! We, of course, had to try all of the beers offered by Maui's local brewery. So we did!


The Gazebo restaurant, a MUST for breakfast! They're famous for their pineapple-banana, macadamian nut pancakes. I don't even like pancakes and I LOVE these! The white stuff on top is their own version of whip creme (but no whip creme as the waitress pointed out to Justin). Whatever it is, it's good!



Rice is also an option instead of potatoes. Who'd of thunk? It was still good!



We drove and drove and then drove some more on a very windy road to get to the Tedeshry Winery. Maui's own winery. They make an amazing pineapple sparkling wine. Tastes a lot like champagne with a hint of pineapple. We took the tour through the grounds and tasted away. Believe it or not they did have a red wine to offer however it wasn't anything special in my opinion. I actually preferred their "Maui Blanc." We brought a few bottles home with us. Probably why my suitcase was over the 50lb limit!



October 8, 2010 - To think only a year ago we were standing on a beach taking pictures in our wedding attire at this time! Justin and I started the evening with cocktails over looking the ocean at our resort. Then headed to David Paul's for dinner.


We had an incredible dinner and David Paul himself delivered our dessert to our table! I was so star struck! He was actually the head chef at the Lahaina Grill 4 years ago when we firs visited the Lahaina Grill. Of course back then it was called David Paul's Lahaina Grill. Hence the reason I wanted to have our rehearsal dinner there. Sure enough he and his menu took off so he decided to open his own restaurant. Anyway, long story short it was WAY cool to have him come out and say hello.


The ONLY picture I have of this trip with Justin showing his teeth and grinning ear to ear! Why, you ask? I'd like to think it's because his beautiful wife is sitting across from him. But I'm thinking it's most likely the fabulous mojito in his hand!


Our view from our balcony.



Last day in Maui. We stopped by the Sea Watch Restaurant to visit the place we were married. Apparently it's under new ownership with a new name? They're now calling it Gannon's. Really? Gannon's? Nothing says romance like Gannon's? I mean come on! It sits on a golf course on top of the hill over looking the gorgeous ocean! You will always be The Sea Watch to us!

This is the spot where we were married! Still happy and smiling a year later!

Our last restaurant stop in Maui before heading to the airport. Mama's Fish House! So incredibly good. By now I'm sure you've noticed a re-occurring theme here...Food! We certainly ate a lot and ate very well.

Lobster Guacamole?!? Who'd a thunk? We're glad they did! It was great!

Hard to see but I was attempting to take a picture of 3 different turtles that kept sticking their heads out of the water. This is a popular surfing area for the locals near Mama's Fish house on the way to the airport.
Oh Maui we will miss you! Thank you for another wonderful vacation!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! I am so into food too! Everything looks so delicious, I would visit Maui just for the food! Looks like a fun trip. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete