It's a GIRL!!! And not a BOY!!! Huh?? What??? I can't believe it's a GIRL! We're actually having a little girl. Bring on the ballet slippers, tap shoes, pinks and purples, ponytails, and extra cuteness!
Measuring at 20 weeks and 2 days
The ultra sound was so much fun. The tech showed us the different parts of her brain, her spine, her kidneys, her liver, and her little baby ribs. She's going to be perfect with 5 fingers and 5 toes! Nicole and Mom joined me for the unveling of the sex of the baby. We were all shocked! And then we all teared up! So much excitement and huh's?? all happened at once. I'm so glad they were both there to share such an amazing experience with me!
Mom and I went out to lunch after the appointment and all I could do was be on my phone googling baby girl rooms with purple themes. I never felt so unprepared. My plan (yes I'm a planner) was to purchase cribs and dressers that afternoon as well as begin the registery process. The only problem was, everything was geared to a boy. So it was back to the drawing board!
Lindsey joined Mom and I at Babies R Us to give me the 411 on everything baby. I had no idea they needed so much stuff. I felt like I was saying, "Why do they need that?" and "4 different kinds of strollers are you nuts?" not to forget "9 bottles? What are they gonna do with 9 bottles?" as well as "What's this for again?" Lindsey was right there to answer all of my questions and we got the basics accomplished. It's still a work in progress but she wanted to make sure I had the bare necessities to survive once Baby comes home from the hospital. Since Lindsey and my Mother will be moving in for a month I think we'll both survive. Oh did I not tell you both that? That's part of my plan as well ;). But no, seriously, I'm not joking.
Apparently this is not the way to try out mattresses for your baby.
Me: This thing is junk I can feel everything!
Lindsey: Okay, well your baby will weigh the size of my purse so this really isn't the way to try out a mattress.
Me: Oh, I guess that makes sense.
Of course we had to get a picture because I looked pretty ridiculous!



Of course I will be there to help as much as possible, but you will probably want to kick me out after about 2 hours :)
ReplyDeleteI used to live with you, so I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Besides I'll be able to drink then so I'll be way more relaxed and go with the flow :).
DeleteTeared up? More like waterfall for me! I am sooooooo happy for you and baby GIRL!
ReplyDelete-nicole brixey