What a fun post name! Carbs and Diabetes. This has Debbie Downer written all over it right? Nah, it's not that bad. I wouldn't do that to my favorite readers. All two of you deserve better than that.
At 28ish weeks the Dr. has you drink this sugar drink that tastes exactly like Hawaiian Punch and then an hour later they draw blood. What they're attempting to do is see how your body reacts to sugar and whether or not it processes it well. They make you wait a week to find out the results so it's not like a cupcake or 7 will really make a difference while you wait to hear back right?
Well lucky me I left my meeting Wednesday morning with the dreaded voicemail from Dr. B's office. Keep in mind that when they leave a voicemail it's never bright, shiny and happy. It's "this is such and such from Dr. B's office and we have a few things we need to go over with you." They NEVER tell you on the voicemail what they want to talk about either, they make you wait and sweat it out. I swear they do this on purpose. So after having two amazingly wonderful vanilla cupcakes at my office meeting, yes, I had two. I make the call.
The news is much better than expected as it turns out I'm anemic and need more Iron in my diet. Here I'm thinking SWEET! I'm just anemic! Rock on! Apparently that's not a good thing and it's kind of a big deal if left un treated. So now I get to take supplements in addition to my prenatal vitamins.
Me: That's it? So I'm not diabetic? I passed my glucose test!?!
Nurse: Well, that's what we wanted to talk to you about.
Me: Oh Shit.
As it turns out I passed my test by ONE point! Apparently anything over a 129 is bad, but lucky me I got a whopping score of 128!! Whooohooo! The Nurse wasn't as amused especially when I told her how happy I was and that I just scarfed down two cupcakes. I got a nice lecture about how carbs are bad and that I need to be eating a more nutritious diet such as leafy greens, lean protein, fruits and vegetables. That night I had a salad for dinner.
My pictures are on hiatus. Jessica my esteemed photographer was out sick last weekend and this weekend I'm selling in a different community. I can assure you my stomach is only getting bigger. The good news is, is that everything else appears to be getting smaller. Its the same thing that happens when you're in an airplane. The higher you get the smaller everything else appears to be. You know, same concept applies here. I'm still waiting for my boobs to grow. Everyone says they will. I have high hopes, but so far I'm not impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment