Awe yes, the infamous club. The club I had no idea how badly I wanted to be apart of until I had Violet. Membership dues include never having to wake up on your own ever again, someone will take care of that for you. Changing incredibly ridiculously smelly disgusting diapers, waking up in the middle of the night, rearranging your wine glass cabinet to make room for bottles, turning your house into a jungle gym of toys and gadgets, finding yourself watching Ice Age when you have a 5 month old who doesn't understand TV yet, and timing your entire life around nap time. Dues that come at a stiff price but a membership, in this exclusive club, is one I'd pay for over and over again.
I just experienced my very first Mother's Day. What a special day! I never understood why Mom got a day all to herself each year. In fact, I think I asked her one year why kids don't have their own day? I was probably 7. Her response, "Everyday is kids day!" I can now say I agree. The one thing I learned after experiencing my first Mothers day, is that yes, it's a day to recognize and thank Mom for all that she does, but also a day for myself to be reminded of how grateful I am to be a Mother. I seriously think I'm the luckiest person in the world. This club is definitely the greatest club I've ever been lucky enough to join.
My little Sweet Pea and I spent the day together with the entire family. We spent time with Nana and Gigi (Great Grandma). Pretty cool to have 4 generations in one room together on Mother's day. I told Grandma thank you for marrying Grandpa and having my Mom, so she could meet my Dad, get married and have me. Obviously you know how the rest of the story goes, but it really was one of the biggest thank you's ever. Without Grandma and Grandpa I wouldn't have my Violet.
Although this little miracle has turned my world upside down I can't imagine my life without her. She makes everything I do and am worthwhile. I've been lucky enough to train on a daily basis for 31 years under my own Mother, to the be the very best Mom I know I can be. Thank you Mom! This truly has been a day I will never forget.



Love this you are one lucky girl!! I hope one day to be as lucky as you and have a cute little peanut just like Violet!! LOVE YOU GUYS!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful post! love you both <3 cousin lauren!
ReplyDelete