Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving!


Justin cooked an amazing meal! His first turkey ever and it was so yummy! Tom, Jody, Thomas and Emily joined in for the festivities and supervised as Justin went to work. It was so much fun having football on in the background, the heavenly smells coming from the kitchen and a great family to share it with! Mom and McKenna joined us after first stopping at Aunt JoAn and Uncle Dave's for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. They both found some way to make room in their stomachs for more. After the dishes were all cleaned. Thomas and Emily helped decorate the tree. The house went from Thanksgiving to Christmas in a matter of hours.

The joke on the table was the little reindeer candle holders I had on the table didn't turn into reindeer until the tree went up. So for Thanksgiving the reindeer were just deer.
I had so much fun putting together the table. Justin and I watched the food network for ideas on "How to cook a Thanksgiving Meal" as well as "How to set up the table." A big thanks to Ina Garten on the Barefoot Contessa - She loves her tea lights! And to Paula Dean for a super yummy turkey! I don't know why I was so nervous about our first Thanksgiving? It was so much fun and so good! I can't wait to do it again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment