Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vegas Trip 2010


The Brixey's and the McConkeys decided on Monday to fly out on Saturday for an impromptu Vegas trip. Our trip was inspired by Bill's birthday and the pure thought of....Why the hell not? We had so much fun!


The first night was crazy! It all started with our plane getting ready to take off. We began the usual taxi, watched the flight attendant do their shpeel on what to do if we have a water landing (to Vegas I think not). Then as we begin gaining speed, you know, where your head pushes into the back of the seat due to the force? And then BAM out of no where the pilot slams on the breaks! I flew forward and hit the seat in front of me that's how hard the breaks were hit! We finally decreased speed when the pilot comes on the intercom and said apparently the control tower saw a piece of shrapnel fall of our plane so we thought we'd head back to the gate and have a look. Ya think?!?


Mean while we're still sitting there anxiously awaiting for our 50 minute flight to begin. When they say, well we might be able to fix it, so hang tight we'll see what we can do. Only for them to come back on 3 minutes later and say, nope, can't fix it everyone off we're putting you on another plane. (Awe man!)


Normally you'd think this would take a ridiculous amount of time with debarking, getting luggage transferred and re-boarding another plane. But Southwest totally kicked butt and had everyone on board with luggage, and kicked in reverse in less than 30! It was great! So we were on our way.

We started off at Dick's Last Resort at the Excalibur with shots of tequila and some dinner to get us started. Then headed to the Roulette tables at New York, New York! Now Bill and Nicole aren't gamblers. But then we introduced them to the fabulous game of Roulette! We had a Super fun time and gosh darnett the waitress kept bringing us drinks! I slipped away for about 10 minutes to try my luck at, Grandma's favorite, Wheel of Fortune and won $200! Around 2am or was it 3am someone had the brilliant Idea to go dancing at Studio 54 back at our hotel MGM. So we did and drank and danced till 4am!


The next day we were all moving a little slower. Justin and I went and saw the new hotel, Aria. Then sat and watched Phil Mickelson win the Masters while enjoying daiquiris and mojitos. That night we all went to The Venetian to have dinner at Emeril Lagasi's steak house, Delmonico. YUM-O! I didn't want to leave! Amazing food! Then we saw the show, The Blue Man Group.


These pictures are mainly from the 2nd night as I forgot my camera the 1st night. But we certainly had a great time and won't ever forget it! (Well maybe between the hours of 1:45-3am, that's kind of a blur) :)

In our seats waiting for Blue Man to begin.


At Delmonico waiting for our table.



Sunday afternoon watching the Master's.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a ton of fun! I love last minute trips!!
    Tell Nicole I said "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to go to Vegas! Oh, and I may have to borrow that red and black dress. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete