Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our Christmas Eve Tradition

Christmas Eve is a HUGE tradition for the Dixon Girls! First Grandma gets to church WAY too early to save us seats. Then McKenna, Mom and I roll in 5 minutes before it starts. Grandma usually tells us, in an annoyed voice, that she thought she was going to have to give up our seats to someone else! Then we leave mass and between McKenna or myself one of us usually rides with Grandma. We used to head back to Grandma's to make our traditional soup dinner and sneak a peak at the presents under the tree. But the last 2 years we've all headed back to Mom's house. Grandma LOVES her traditional oyster stew. Which consists of milk, butter and oysters. Gross! Grandma would always make McKenna and I a back up soup like her famous Chicken and Dumpling....YUM-O! Grandma makes that the best! Mom's taken over making the back up soup and she does a great job. Let's be honest we're grateful to have anything other than oyster stew! We then usually adjourn to the TV room to watch some kind of Christmas movie. Mom still let's McKenna and I open one gift on Christmas Eve. Hey I might be turning 30 this year but gosh darnett I'm a kid at heart! :)

Grandma LOVES her oyster stew! She always tells the story about how when she was younger and they couldn't afford much so having oyster stew was a real treat! Oh Grandma...


No comments:

Post a Comment