Friday, November 9, 2012

A Surprise at Work...

I pee'd myself 3 times today.  Okay maybe a little too much information but I feel its necessary to document all of my big accomplishments throughout this pregnancy.  With under a month to go I've lost all hope of being a normal, attractive, smelling good person.  It's just out the window and frankly there is nothing I can do about it.  You know the lady in the movie, "What to expect when you're expecting?"  The one that has the perfect pregnancy, she's in high heels the entire time, make up done, hair perfect, and her labor consists of sneezing and out pops her kid?  Yeah, I'm nothing like that character.  I'm starting to morph into her sister in law in the movie, the one that's an absolute mess, constantly sweaty from hot flashes, always in pain from her back being so sore, falling asleep everywhere, and you guessed it, peeing herself.  Yep that's me.  This is what my life has amounted to... joy.


Last night I must've gotten up 8 times to go to the bathroom, no exaggeration.  Every time I rolled over I'd instantly awake and oh what do you know, yep, time to go to the bathroom again.  By my umpteenth time of walking back and getting into bed I began thinking of my next blog posts.  Mine as well make some good use of my time on the toilet.  I can't wait to see what I think about tonight!   

The funny thing is I'm ssurprisingly awake each time, but still able to konk out instantly when getting back to bed.  Everyone says, Oh it's just natures way of getting you ready for feedings every 3 hours.  If I could sleep for 3 hours straight that would be a miracle!  The way I see it, I'll get more sleep once this kid is off my blatter.  Tick Tock Baby let's get going!

The general consensus is that LMNO will be arriving early.   Probably because I started the rumors.  Please let me be right!  People have started taking bets.  Lindsey and I have tickets to see Donnie & Marie's Christmas Special at Gammage on November 27th.  Yes, I paid real money to go and see this.  Lindsey says the next full moon is November 28th, so she's predicting I'll go into labor that night and deliver on the 28th.  Can you imagine, sitting in the middle of the row in that ginormous theater timing contractions to Jingle all the Way?  Or even better, having my water break before intermission!  Oh boy!  Something to look forward to I guess.  Get ready Lindsey!     

We had our Sales meeting this past Wednesday at our corporate office.  I always sit closest to the door so if I need to I can jump up and run to the bathroom (shocker).  When the meeting was wrapping up behind me in comes Jessica with a bag full of goodies and 30 cupcakes with little diaper pins to share!  I was so surprised!  Everyone was of course looking at me and I instantly had tears in my eyes.  So many great surprises happening lately!  All the new home consultants, the President of the AZ division and his fabulous assistant Gail chipped in!  Jessica spear headed, Operation Work Baby Shower Surprise, and did all the shopping. I opened baby clothes, socks, $160 in gift cards, pacifiers, a swaddle and Sofie the Giraffe teethers.  It was such a great surprise!  I'm so lucky to work at such a great company where they care so much for their own.  I can't wait to bring LMNO by to meet everyone once she arrives.  


   

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your water to break at Donny and Marie! It will probably happen during the opening number because LMNO will be like, "get me out of here immediately!" Plus, I would totally love to rush you to the hospital. Oh, and maybe you should just wear a diaper at night??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this is one of my favorite posts!! I Laughed so hard!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete