Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not so good news....

Well, it's not even a week into the New Year and I get to deliver some bad news. Justin and I went to the Dr's on January 4th. We got to see our baby's heart beat and hear it. What an amazing treat!! After seeing the ultra sound, we felt a bit of relief. The previous couple of days I hadn't been feeling so great.

Later that night I told Justin that something wasn't right. My pain had increased 10 fold. Being the good husband he is, he reassured me everything was going to be alright. We went to bed that night, only for me to wake up in misery at 3am. It was then I knew something was definitely not alright. I woke up to go to work the next morning and called in sick and scheduled a Dr's appointment. They got me in right away. Knowing that I'd had some interesting symptoms they did another ultra sound. Sure enough I was right, something was wrong. The baby's heart beat we saw the morning prior was no longer beating. :(

My Dr. is truly amazing. She talked me through the "what happens next" schpeel and tried to reassure me that there was nothing I could've done to prevent this. Sometimes it just happens... Of course that's all well and good, but let's be honest, I don't want to hear that!

We're so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who've supported us through this not so fun time. I'm truly blessed to be loved by so many! I know that everything does happen for a reason and I look forward to the future. Time does cure all wounds, there might be a little scarring, but even that will stop hurting after a while.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you LOTS OF LOVE! Your posts are AWESOME!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete