Sunday, June 10, 2012

We're having a Baby!

 It doesn't look like much but according to the Dr. there's a baby in there!  7 weeks along and already measuring a week ahead.  Either this is going to be a big kid or we're just off by a week. 


 
The infamous 12 week appointment!  The day all your worries and first trimester symptoms are supposed to go away.  Wrong!  What they really meant was week 13-14 is the good stuff.  Talk about false hopes.  I woke up that morning so excited for the mood swings, exhaustion and nauseousness to be gone.  I assumed it would occur while I was sleeping and I'd wake up feeling refreshed and with more energy then ever before.  Nope!  Still got it!  Maybe next week :(.

With a new outfit on, Justin and I went to the Lady Doc's Office for our big 12 week appointment.  I mean I seriously looked way cute!  

At this point I'm praying we'll see something, anything at all.  After seeing what I'd say was just a blob last time I have high hopes.  Nerves galore, she puts that wet stuff on my stomach and takes her all magical seeing ultra sound device, places it on my stomach and there "he" was!  Literally sucking his thumb and chompin' away.  It was so cool.  The tech was attempting to take the measurement of the width of the spine when he kicked off the wall and slid back and forth as if he was on a swing!  I was laughing so hard it was making the picture bounce.  The poor girl couldn't get the measurements to save her life.  I was okay with it because I got to watch him be for a little while longer.  

The word "he" has been thrown around a bit and the reason is because I asked the ultra sound guru if she could just take a guess as to whether or not it was looking like a boy or a girl.  It literally took her less than 2 seconds to say those magical words.  "It looks like you're going to have a boy!.....But don't buy anything yet"  She even took a picture of his dinky!  Poor kids already got his privates on display for the whole world to see and he can't do anything about it! 

My first reaction was "Yeah!  So far so good and healthy!  Wait, a boy?"  What am I going to do with a boy?  I don't know the first thing about boys and their clothes are never as cute as the girls.  Plus I had 15 names on my list for a baby girl and a big fat ZERO in the boys column.  Now what? 

Technically I won't have confirmation for another 8 weeks at this point.  So I guess I can hang tight and not purchase anything until we're more sure.  I'm still measuring a week bigger than what the calendar says so we're just going to bump everything up by a week.  That's right, I'm taking charge of this kids future birthday.  Move over December 9th!  December 2nd is where it's at! 

(This by the way has nothing to do with the fact that Miss Britney Spears has the exact same birthday...I swear!...  Fingers crossed!!) 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! take care of yourself and don't over do it. keep up the blog!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete