28 Weeks today. That means 84 more days to go or 12 weeks and counting. I feel like it took forever for the first 28 weeks to get through but now that I'm only 12 weeks away, I'm freaking out! So instead of stressing I'm going to think of it in a different perspective. With only 12 more weeks that means in 12 weeks I'll be able to eat a turkey sandwich from Port o' Subs. Start fitting into my regular clothes. I can drink a coke and not stress over the amount of caffeine I've had in a day. Better yet, I'll be able to NOT pee every 4 minutes. And the absolute #1 thing to look forward to in 12 more weeks is WINE!
Oh wait, I mean the best part will be meeting my little mini me...She says anticlimactically. This is probably strike one against Mom of the Year award. Choosing wine over baby is generally not perceived as positive. Well, on the bright side I have 12 more weeks to work on my priorities. :)
My to do list is getting shorter by the week. The electrician will be here on Monday to install ceiling fans, light dimmers, an outside light and move my chandelier. The drywall/painter will be in the following week. The carpet and tile will be cleaned in 2 weeks and my security doors I ordered are ready and will be installed next week. For the sake of my check book I need this nesting phase to be over with pronto.
In the meantime my bump continues to grow and look ridiculous. Remind me to take a picture of my actual belly so I can show my daughter, Reason #1 of why NOT to get a belly button ring when you're 18. The holes now just look weird. The belly button's a separate issue. We're still an inny for now but with 12 more weeks to go I don't think the inny stands a chance. Outtie here we come!
The baby now has a nickname thanks to Roxanne Link. Her new name other than "Baby" is L-M-N-O-Pee (as in the alphabet with No Pee at the end). Get it? Since I'm always peeing? Okay I know, enough is enough already regarding my blatter! But LMNO is moving like no other. I had no idea babies moved this much. It makes me laugh because I think back to all the conversations I've ever had with pregnant women in the past, and I now know they were never listening to a word I said. You can't help but only think of the movement in your tummy when it's happening. It's the weirdest feeling, a welcome distraction and hard to describe.
Jessica asked me today what she feels like and I immediately said I can tell you what it doesn't feel like, butterfly kisses. This is what all the websites and books tell you. They say to look and feel for Butterfly kisses. What the heck is a butterfly kiss? Do butterflies make out? And who even knows what that feels like? And ewe!
I'd say the first few times you think you feel something it feels similar to rubbing your tongue against the side of your mouth. It's a smooth feeling back and forth. Then as she grows the movements get more distinct, kinda like a muscle spasm in your leg or twitch in your arm. LMNO's now at the point where when she kicks or fist pumps I can actually see my shirt move. Now that's gotta be the weirdest yet coolest thing in the world.
In regards to the "fist pump" analogy, no I do not think LMNO's going to be a future Guidette or a mini Snookie. (Shutter) I just can't figure out where her feet and hands are. She's still laying on her back, kinda like in a hammock at this point. So one minute it feels like she's kicking on the left then I immediately feel her kicking on the right. Knowing that's not really possible I figure she's raising the roof and having an all out dance party in my uterus.
After telling my Mom this story she decided I'll be having a C-section. I'm like Mom, calm down, we've got 12 weeks for her to get into position. Of course now that I've said this I'm sure I jinxed it and I'll be stuck in major surgery. Eek! Fingers crossed she's wrong.

Kristi you crack me up! This was a great post! Cant wait to meet LMNO!!!
ReplyDelete