Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekend at Desert Ridge

Mom had a condo at Desert Ridge for the week so McKenna and I met her up there for some fun in the sun on Wednesday afternoon.   Beautiful area, huge resort with 4 different pools.  We sat near the lazy river and had lunch while catching some rays.
 Pregnant people and inner tubes do not belong in the same sentence.  First of all getting in an out of a tube used to be a cake walk, no questions asked, you slip in and slip out.  Simple as that right?  Nope.  I had to get in my tube by literally walking to an area that had steps high enough for me to sit my booty into the tube and fall into the water.  Then once you sit back, gravity yanks your butt down squishing your stomach and makes your feet and legs go straight up to the sky.  Can we say awkward?  Then once you get settled you realize you have no control as to which way you're going and how fast.  So I was always 10 feet in front of McKenna.  Luckily, the good thing about the lazy river is half way around there's a bathroom, which I used every 20 minutes. 

I took a picture of the silver exit "help you get out of the water" poles because the image that comes to mind when thinking of me and my big belly attempting to pull myself out of the water  is similar to that of a Manatee trying to exit a lazy river at Desert Ridge.  Graphic yes I know, but true.     




After being by the pool Mom and I headed to Kierland to walk around the shops.  I had a craving for coconut shrimp so we made our way to Tommy Bahama's for appetizers and dessert.  Sangria and a virgin strawberry daiquiri for me to get us started.  Then Coconut shrimp & scallop sliders YUM-O!  And for dessert, this amazing concoction below.   Seriously the greatest thing I've ever tasted.  Oreo crust with a chocolate mouse filling, To Die For! 

No comments:

Post a Comment