The Nursery is finally complete! What a great feeling! A mix of Pottery Barn Kids meets Babies R Us and a touch of Buy Buy Baby. I hope she likes it!
"Twirl & Love"
I love this! Found it with Mom while at Pottery Barn Kids. Can we talk for just a minute how ridiculously priced that store is?! I was like, Whhhhaaaat? And then I handed them my credit card because of course I had to have it all. The pictures, the lamp and this came from there. I guess I could've done worse. Just my luck they had a purple room on display so, naturally, I wanted everything in it.
The greatest chair ever! Not only is it super comfortable, it also reclines. I have a feeling I'll be spending some time in this seat. The curtains are blackout and they really do keep the room dark. LMNO hear me now, Sleep = Good.
Crockett is technically not allowed up stairs. But ever since we began working on this room he can't seem to stay away. This has been one of his favorite toys to play with. It'll be interesting teaching him which toys are his and which toys are hers. Something tells me they'll all be his...
The funky thing on the left is a diaper holder just above the diaper pale. I had no idea that's what it was for. And the thing in the middle that splits the wall is a toy holder. Who'd a thunk? The green thing is a hamper and the pink caterpillar on top of it lights up to show the stary night sky. Obviously every kid needs one of these. Duh!
We've got Sophie's! Once she starts teething she'll be able to say she chewed on $30 teether! Thank you Aunt Jessica and Lennar!
Smile & Dream above her bed.
I went to see Dr. B today and was startled when Soshie, my usual nurse didn't come to get me. Instead some chick named Amber called my name. I was like, uh? You're not Soshie. Poor girl was like, Soshie will be in soon I just need to take your vitals. Once you find out your pregnant you see your Dr. every 4 weeks. Then as you get closer to your due date it's every 2 weeks. I'm now coming in on a once a week schedule. The point is, you get to know your Dr's staff. So when I was leaving Dr. B goes, here's Soshie! She came up and gave me a big hug. We laughed and made fun of poor Amber again. Bottom line, no one replaces Soshie!
Dr. B gave me some interesting news today. I'm 70% effaced and 1cm dilated. I got so excited and then was like, wait, what does all of that mean? Effaced is when your cervix (the thing that blocks baby from falling out - kinda, not really but it's just the easiest way to explain it in blog terms) begins to thin. Basically I have 30% more to go. As for dilation, you can't deliver until you are 10cm, therefore I have 9 cm more to go. So needless to say I have an exciting start, however it doesn't really mean much.
I called Lindsey, my go to for all things baby, and I'm all excited on the phone as if I got an A on my chemistry test and want to brag. Her reaction, "well...that's great but that doesn't really mean anything." Apparently, majority of times dilation and effacement, as important as they are, are kind of a mute point until either your water breaks or your contractions get closer together. A lot of times women will be 3cm dilated for 3 weeks straight with no progress, or 80% effaced and 4 cm and still won't have the baby for 2 more weeks. So I guess we'll be sitting tight until something further happens.
My plan is for my water to break all Hollywood style. You know, be yelling at Mr. Big and telling him I curse the day you were born! And then boom! Water breaks! Hail a cab! Or maybe more realistic shopping casually at Target, when I bend down to pick up a loaf of bread and Oop there it goes! Clean up on isle 6! And the store manager has to drive me to the hospital. Actually it'd probably be one of the starbucks girls, they're like family to me.
(Let's face it, I'm either at Target, work or home so this scenario could totally happen)
Then I'll barely get there in knick of time to get the epideral and then deliver 5 minutes later. Now that's what I'm talking about! You hear that LMNO? You make this happen and I'll make the your next 18 years absolutely fabulous! This kind of scenario will be way more fun to tell at your rehearsal dinner anyway. We're going for dramatics here.





I love all the artwork! I almost bought that alphabet picture for the playroom a few months back. Looks great! And sorry to burst your bubble about being 1 cm. I'll definitely be much more excited when you get to 2 cm :)
ReplyDelete