I am so not impressed with the 3rd trimester. As if the constant peeing wasn't already enough, now you're going to throw Braxton Hicks contractions and back labor into the mix? I mean really! A girl could only take so much!
Braxton Hicks are normal and from what the internet says, cause everything's factual on the internet, it says it's your body's way of preparing the uterus to eject the baby. Okay so that's not the medical definition but you get the jist. Imagine you're entire stomach tightening up all at once and becoming rock solid. It only stays that way for about 15-20 seconds and then goes away. However those 15-20 seconds make you stop doing what you're doing and pause. These come and go as they please but lately I've been getting more and more of them.
The newest thing I've recently discovered is what my Dr. calls, Back Labor. A few days ago I was in a lot of pain. It seemed to keep coming and going throughout the day. I had braxton hicks plus my back was killing me. It's the weirdest feeling. My back feels like I'm wearing a girdle, one of those that you tie from the back. But imagine someone standing behind you and pulling the strings tighter and tighter. Then add the contractions in the front and your entire middle half of your body is solid as a rock. It worried me so I went in. The Dr. explained what was happening and told me about 'back labor.' She said since it comes and goes and isn't constant it's nothing to worry about. I just need to keep and eye on it and take it easy. She told me not to go back to work but I had to write a contract so that went out the window.
I now have a heating pad for when I'm home and on the couch, my wonderful sister who's coming over to help me with the manual labor of house hold chores, and great co-workers who will greet customers because I'm contracting at the moment and can't move. I guess like all the other fun pregnancy symptoms that everyone failed to mention, we'll take this one with a grain of salt. I keep telling myself that I won't forget any of the many awful inconveniences being pregnant has brought to my life, but everyone says, Yes, you will. Jessica has offered to remind me when the time comes.
love you and your posts Kristi!!
ReplyDelete